Sunday, April 14, 2013

Sources



One of the sources that I have chosen for the topic on gun laws was on YouTube. It was about this guy that was concerned about what the government would try to do with guns, so he tried to show a point that people can still get guns and the government can’t do anything about it. What he did was use a 3d printer to make gun parts; it was a lower receiver that the government is trying to outlaw. To make this part, it is like a regular printer, but with a 3d printer you have a special program that allows you to make three dimensional copies of anything you are trying to make. Once you have your three dimensional gun part on the computer, all you have to do is print it off like on a regular printer. This guy got his part patented and said that if the government tries to take away guns, he will put the gun file online so anybody can access them. They just have to get somebody to print the part off for them and it will be completely legal. The website for this video was at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DconsfGsXyA
The second source that I have chosen was on foxnews.com, it talks about hunters in the USA that are boycotting Colorado because they are trying to get rid of guns and making it hard to even buy the guns. Now hunters are canceling trips that they had set up to go hunting in Colorado and are going to go hunt elsewhere. There is about 15% of out of state hunters in Colorado, but if people think that hunting in another state is better than Colorado, they will travel the extra distance to have a better hunting experience. I got this information at http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/03/27/hunters-threaten-to-boycott-colorado-after-passage-recent-gun-laws/
I like both of these sources because they show one side of the topic on gun laws and why some people think they should have the right to buy any gun and as much ammunition as they want. These sources also show how people will react if more cities choose to have strict gun laws. The next sources that I chose to have will be on the opposite side of this topic to show why some people believe why we should not have certain guns and not be able to buy gun clips that hold over 15 bullets. I think by understanding both sides of this topic, we will have good points about both sides of the topic.

2 comments:

  1. I never thought of going to YouTube for a source. That is a great idea to get a person's view, that it these gun laws will affect personally. That is a very cool idea I think. I also think getting the opposite side of the argument is also good. It will help you see the other side and why they feel that way. Good Job and good luck on our paper. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let me start off by saying I love my guns which pretty much translates into I am pro-gun (I am a Soldier after all). It sounds like you have two really interesting sources,(I’m going to check out YouTube too now), but they seem to be of the same point of view. I think in order to make your paper persuasive you need to state the opposing view, really look at both sides and give valid counter points to their view points. This is such a hot topic right now that I’m sure you can easily find resources I’m guessing the hardest part will be weeing through them all to choose the most credible ones.

    ReplyDelete